Deadline: Nov. 18
Organization: Mount Sinai Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine Position
Description: The Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking students to volunteer with the Care and Respect for Elders with Emergencies (CARE) program. Volunteers strengthen the quality of patient care and provide various interventions for the patients.
• Providing bedside comfort and support.
• Helping to prevent avoidable complications.
• Playing games and engaging in conversation.
• Offering aids such as reading glasses or stress balls to patients.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Time Commitment: Part-time (five hours per week); 150 hours over six months
Apply: To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Shari Kaplan firstname.lastname@example.org